Two Senior High School students of the Schools were awarded the Gold and Silver medal at the 58th International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO) in Brazil, July 2017.
Gold Medal V. Georgiadis (12th Grade)
Silver Medal R. Tsiamis (11th Grade)
Students V. Georgiadis and R. Tsiamis also had distinctions in the 34th Balkan Mathematical Olympiad (BMO) with a Gold and a Silver medal respectively in FYROM, May 2017. For the first time after many years, the Gold Medal in a Balkan Mathematical Olympiad was won with the highest score (40/40).
We congratulate the students of Mandoulides Schools as well as the other members of the Greek Olympic Mathematics Team for their outstanding distinctions:
- N. Georgiadis, Gold Medal, Mandoulides Schools, Thessaloniki
- D. - Ch. Melas, Silver Medal, Moraitis School, Athens
- D. Lolas, Silver Medal, Athena Schools, Trikala
- R. Tsiamis, Silver Medal, Mandoulides Schools, Thessaloniki
- D. Tsintsilidas, Silver Medal, Kalambaki General Senior High School, Drama
- R. Psyroukis, Bronze Medal, 2nd General Senior High School, Mytilini.