Mandoulides Schools launch the “Little and Big Pioneers” art program, in collaboration with Melissa Publishing House, wishing to emphasize the direct relation of education with art and showcase its catalytic role in shaping the personality of children.
Art has to be an integral part of all levels of education, with innovative ideas, in conjunction with each lesson, so that the student can be transformed from receiver to creator, while teaching will turn from a formal process into a creative activity, full of life, intensity and passion for knowledge.
As part of the program, students of 3rd - 9th Grade will study the life and work of great artists, they will be inspired by their work and they will create, through the books of Melissa and MoMA (Museum of Modern Art, New York).
The aim of the program is for every student to get acquainted with great art pioneers, and to highlight the messages of their works and their creative approach. Students will also be informed about the artistic trends of each artist’s era, they will study their style and motifs, and they will reflect on and showcase their timelessness.
• 3rd Grade: Magritte's Apple by K. Verplancke, translation by V. Iliopoulos
• 4th Grade: Yayoi Kusama. From Here to Infinity by S. Suzuki
• 5th Grade: Vincent van Gogh by P. Geis, translation by V. Iliopoulos
• 6th Grade: Young Frank, Architect by F. Viva, translation by Ch. Boulotis
Junior high school students will study the books:
• Magritte's Apple by K. Verplancke, translation by V. Iliopoulos
• Vincent van Gogh by P. Geis, translation by V. Iliopoulos
• What Degas Saw by S. Friedman, translation by Ch. Boulotis
• Matisse’s Garden by S. Friedman, translation by Ch. Boulotis
• Leonardo da Vinci, by P. Geis
The program will be concluded in spring with an art exhibition at IANOS Culture Chain, where students will present their own personal and group creations.