Be Internet Awesome
The teachers of 4th, 5th and 6th Grade were trained by the team of Mr. Manos Sfakianakis, retired Lieutenant General of the Hellenic Police, Cybercrime Analyst, with material that has been created by Google in collaboration with international organizations specializing in cyber security such as “iKeepSafe”, “ConnectSafely” and “Family Online Safety Institute”, and has already been successfully implemented in countries abroad.
The program “Be Internet Awesome” teaches children the basic principles of digital security and digital citizenship so that they can explore the online world in a safe way.
The five digital security and digital citizenship fundamentals of the “Be Internet Awesome” code are:
- Share with Care (Be Internet Smart)
- Don't Fall for Fake (Be Internet Alert)
- Secure Your Secrets (Be Internet Strong)
- It’s Cool to Be Kind (Be Internet Kind)
- When in Doubt, Talk it Out (Be Internet Brave)