Expansion of synchronous distance education for students
● Goals ● Important notes ● Contact - Support ● GDPR ● Program for Senior High School, Junior High School, Elementary School, Kindergarten ● Related announcements ● Related Facebook posts
Mandoulides Schools continue and expand from Monday, 6 April, 2020 the program of synchronous distance education for students of all levels, along with the asynchronous distance support, which is already successfully implemented from the very first day that the operation of all schools was suspended in the country, according to the relevant decision of the Ministries of Health and Education for preventive reasons.
We would like to thank you for the trust you show to the Schools and to their educational role, which they have been serving consistently since 1978 with a sense of responsibility and always guided by the high level of education and training that students need for their better preparation for the future.
The program of synchronous distance education of the Schools is constantly enriched in hours and lessons, taking into account:
- The separate needs and possibilities of each age and student.
- Each student's digital skills.
- The special characteristics of distance education.
- The careful planning of the educational environment and material.
- The coordination of synchronous distance education (teaching) and asynchronous distance education (assignment of homework).
Our goal is:
- The gradual familiarization of students with the new digital environment.
- The awareness of the special characteristics and requirements of the new learning environment.
- The students’ participation and collaborative learning.
- The activation of the students and the provision of a safe way towards self-action, self-learning, maturity and knowledge.
- Distance education cannot replace typical education. However, in the current unusual situation that our country is experiencing, it is the best and safest solution in order to maintain the contact of students with the educational process and their teachers, to keep open doors to knowledge and to let both students and parents know that their school is close to them.
- In order to have the desired results in digital classrooms, students are required to cooperate, obey, discipline and respect the teachers’ efforts and the time they have devoted to achieving this great task in such a short time.
- We take your cooperation for granted regarding the teachers’ efforts to continue offering the best to the students of the Schools. We would like you to stand by the students again in these first steps in the digital world and to point out to them the right way and the right behaviour in digital classrooms.
Contact - Support
- We are at your disposal so that we can deal with any difficulty together and answer every question.
The administrative services of the Schools operate remotely for as long as the suspension of the operation of the schools lasts and remain at your disposal.
For your best service you can contact us at:
Day Care Center/Kindergarten/Elementary School: 2310473813, firstname.lastname@example.org
Junior/Senior High School: 2310474024, email@example.com
IT Department: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Distance learning is a continuation of the services provided by the school and aim, under the guidelines of the Ministry of Education, to keep students in touch with the educational process. The school, in compliance with the EU law on personal data, is committed to protecting any personal information collected during this process (including electronic or online student-teacher correspondence). Student participation entails acceptance by the guardian that any material (visual, electronic or other) distributed to the student is the property of the school and has been created by it, and no further distribution and reproduction is permitted, except for the purposes for which it has been produced, or to any third party in accordance with the applicable legislation.
- We would like to remind you that the recording of images or conversations of another person without his/her consent is illegal and punishable by criminal, administrative and civil penalties. Especially for minors, the consent of the parent or guardian is required.
We hope that our big school family stays healthy and strong and that this difficult period will be over as quickly and as painlessly as possible.
Synchronous distance learning program for students:
- Elementary School
- Junior High school
- 10th - 11th Grade
- 12th Grade
- Protection measures against the spread of the new coronavirus (Covid-19), 04/03/2020
- Cancellation/postponement of scheduled events for preventive reasons , 09/03/2020
- Protection measures against the spread of the new coronavirus (Covid-19), 10/03/2020
- Mandoulides Schools suspend classes, 10/03/2020
- Distance support for Day Care Center/Kindergarten/Elementary School students, 11/03/2020
- Distance support for Junior/Senior High School students, 11/03/2020
- Cancellation/postponement of scheduled events, 16/03/2020
- Choose your children’s school online!, 20/03/2020
- Synchronous and asynchronous distance learning for Kindergarten/Elementary School, 23/03/2020
- Synchronous and asynchronous distance learning for Junior/Senior High School, 23/03/2020
- We stay home…but we don't fall behind with our school work, 23/03/2020
Related Facebook posts
- Information on coronavirus, 04/03/2020
- Suspension of operation, 10/03/2020
- Distance support program, 13/03/2020
- Schools are closed…but classes go on, 16/03/2020
- We contact our school online!, 20/03/2020
- We contact our school online!, 24/03/2020
- We stay home…we have a pleasant time, 24/03/2020
- When are we going back to school?, 24/03/2020
- We stay home…but not behind our school tasks, 27/03/2020
- We stay home…and watch Mandoulides School’s innovative program “Flipped Classroom”, 28/03/2020
- We stay home…and watch Mandoulides Schools’ innovative program “Watch & Learn”, 30/03/2020