Under the auspices of the Ecumenical Patriarchate
Zografeio Lykeio of Instanbul and Mandoulides Schools of Thessaloniki are organizing the 2nd International Student Literature Meeting on the topic “Rethinking Literature… in a time of crisis,” which will be conducted online on Thursday and Friday, April 7th and 8th, 2022, under the auspices of the Ecumenical Patriarchate.
200 students from 25 schools in Greece, Istanbul, Nicosia, New York and Johannesburg, 50 academic teachers will have the opportunity to participate in the meeting and collaborate with selected representatives of literature and the arts.
The Ecumenical Patriarch Mr. Bartholomew will announce the initiation of the meeting. The meeting can be attended by anyone interested via www.livemedia.gr/logoallios22
The 2nd International Student Literature Meeting constitutes a proposal for teaching and approaching literature and aims to promote the contact, communication, exchange of views and creative collaboration of students and teachers with selected representatives of literature and the arts.
Through this meeting, students will have the opportunity to share their opinions and suggestions and talk freely about what worries them as well as what occupies their minds but they cannot easily express.
Topics for discussion
- Literature in a time of crisis
- Redefining the pandemic: therapeutic writing
- Poetry and current affairs: thoughts and feelings about the poetry of the Covid-19 pandemic
- Finding love during difficult times
- Pandemics in literature
- Loneliness as the protagonist in literary pieces
- Literature and History in times of crisis
- Black versus white: the time of antitheses
- The meeting is addressed to Senior High School students.
- The meeting will be attended by 25 schools. Each student will participate in one discussion and attend the rest.
- Each discussion will be attended by writers, university professors, literary critics, students and teachers and will be moderated by a journalist.
- Each discussion will be led by a counselor. Ιt will address one topic and last for 90 minutes.
- Α more detailed briefing will follow on the topics of the discussions, the advisor of each discussion and what he or she deems necessary for the better preparation of students.
- Participants’ presence throughout the meeting is mandatory.
- The discussions can be attended by other students of the participating schools.
- Certificates of participation and attendance will be given to the participating students and teachers.
- The meeting will be held online through an online platform.