The Elementary School paves new roads in learning and creating. The main objective of Mandoulides Schools is students’ smooth transition to the new school environment and the eventual cultivation of love towards their school.
Students in the Elementary School:
Learn: From a select, experienced and qualified faculty employing modern educational methodologies and innovative technologies. Additional hours in Greek language, Mathematics, Computer Science and foreign languages, as well as novel technologies contribute to the in-depth and multifaceted education of students.
Receive: High standards of instruction in foreign languages (English, French, and German). Through special classes and programs taught by expert educators, students gain the ability to think and express themselves effortlessly in a foreign language.
Distinguish themselves: By gaining distinctions in regional and national contests in Mathematics, Physics, arts, rhetorical speech and sports, as well as by earning foreign language certificates.
Enroll in: Clubs, which aim at cultivating students’ individual interests and inclinations.
Express themselves: Through music, theater, dance, and the arts.
Participate in: European and international innovative rhetorical speech programs as well as theater and art competitions.
Are sensitized to: Environmental issues, community service and volunteerism through informative events and excursions and participation as volunteers in community activities.
Enrich: Their knowledge and experience in Computer Science, Mathematics, and the physical sciences through the Art & Science Days program.
Broaden: Their spirit and exercise their body and soul in the after school and extracurricular classes (Mathematics, Physics, foreign languages, robotics, choir, ballet, modern dance, soccer, basketball, swimming, tennis, ski and Tae Kwon Do).
Prepare: Their homework for each following day with their teacher’s help through the Daily Study Program, which is offered free of charge to students of all grades.
Engage: Themselves creatively in the Creative Activities Program during the Christmas, Easter, and summer breaks as well as other school holidays.
Be sure to: Eat healthily and watch their dietary habits through the Eating Healthily at Mandoulides Schools program.
Continue: During the summer months with summer educational and athletics programs: English & Adventure Camp, basketball, soccer, volleyball, swimming and tennis camps, Eptathlon & Robotics Camp, Mathematical Games, Let’s Talk Workshop.
In the Elementary School, students learn by playing, creating, and using new technologies in a friendly, safe, and civilized environment.
Elementary school students are familiarized with computers and acquire the basic knowledge and skills concerning their operation, use and applications. Computer Science in Elementary School is taught in a modern and well equipped lab, serving four fundamental goals, the achievement of which is decisive in shaping digitally literate citizens of the 21st century.
These objectives are:
- The attainment of basic skills of computer use.
- The use of a computer as a learning tool.
- Learning Computer Science as a specialized science.
- The development of critical thinking and awareness about the dangers broached by computers and the ways of protection against them.
Through the use of this e-learning platform, each student has access to a vast universe of interactive educational material (e-books, notes, educational videos, exams, current scientific articles).
This program is addressed to 5th and 6th grade students of Mandoulides Schools and other schools of Thessaloniki, both public and private. Their main objective is to bring students closer to the world of Computer Science, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Astronomy, and the arts.
In the Computer Science Club, students design their own journey to the future, by delving into the depths of programming and image processing. Specifically, students are called to realize 3D game scenarios, to “tamper with” photos, and create impressive posters in a climate of cooperation and active learning.
The main objective of the Computer Science Special Educational program is to better familiarize students with the computer and with new technologies, through experiential activities such as creating electronic newspapers, programming games, creating movies etc.
By participating, students acquire growing incentives to develop a healthy and simultaneously creative relationship with the computer and to cultivate a programming-centered way of thinking through enjoyable activities.
The teaching of English is part of the Elementary School curriculum from the 1st grade.
The program’s objectives are achieved by:
- Daily instruction, enriched with songs, stories, drama and games in English.
- New technologies lessons for the 1st and 2nd grade.
- Literary program (Booktime).
- Participation in foreign language competitions.
- Participation in After School Bilingual courses for bilingual children and After School Link.
In school bilingual program
The English language program for bilingual students is aimed at students who:
- Were born or raised in an English-speaking country.
- Attended an English-speaking school.
- English is their native language.
- Is carried out in an English-speaking environment.
- Focuses on teaching vocabulary and writing.
- Is based on books taught in the U.S.
- Is taught by experienced teachers who are native English speakers.
This is an English language rhetorical speech tournament organized by the Schools, in which 6th grade students from Mandoulides Schools as well as other public and private schools participate.
Students are invited to:
- Develop their skills in Debate.
- Discuss their views on current events in Group Discussion.
- Read a short literary text - dramatic or comic - of their choice in an expressive way in Oral Interpretation of Literature.
French and German
French and German are taught as a second language in the 4th, 5th, and 6th grades.
- Learn basic grammar and syntax.
- Enrich their vocabulary.
- Cultivate the ability to speak and write with songs, stories and dramatization.
- Participate in clubs.
Morning Program 07:00 - 08:20
Teachers welcome students from 07:00 to accommodate working parents.
Daily Study Program 13:15 - 14:10 and 14:10 - 17:00
This operates on a daily basis, free of charge, for all elementary school children from 14:10 to 17:00.
Students prepare for the following day's lessons under the guidance of their respective teachers by being creatively engaged as individual learners. The purpose of the program is for students to be drawn into the subject matter of the lessons, rather than being instructed or reviewing the lessons themselves.
Especially for 1st and 2nd grade students, study cycles operate:
- from 13:15 until 14:10
- from 14:10 until 17:00
Students return home by school buses at the usual predetermined bus stops.
Creative Activities during school holidays 07:30 - 17:00
The Schools remain open and offer creative activities programs during the holiday breaks at Christmas and Easter as well as other school holidays, from 07:30 to 17:00.
Summer Creative Activities Program 07:30 - 17:00
The Schools offer the summer creative activities program during June and July and remain closed throughout August. They welcome students with a variety of activities, innovative programs, lots of games, relaxation and joy. In a safe and creative environment, children:
- Learn by nurturing inclinations and interests.
- Read, tell and dramatize favorite tales.
- Get to know their city, their country and the world through online games and activities.
- Play with nature and physics.
- Learn to love mathematics through smart math games.
- Learn by supervised surfing of the Internet.
- Participate in sports, dance, play and sing.
Clubs are an innovative initiative of the Schools that enables our students to:
- Discover and cultivate their specific inclinations and talents.
- Express their creativity and ingenuity.
- Take initiative in the spirit of teamwork.
- Engage in something unique.
1st - 2nd grade Clubs
Culture and Arts
- English fun
- Creating with imagination and clay
- Come and play
- Board gaming
- Jewelry construction
- Young artists - great creators
- Music and movement
- The children are cooking something
- Fairytales come alive
- Dancing with tradition
- Mini golf
3rd - 6th grade Clubs
Culture and Arts
- Let’s Talk
- Unheard sounds (sign language)
- Puzzles and math games - Kangaroo Contest
- Acting for the environment
- Theatrical games
- We learn by helping
- Young scientists
- Young reporters
- Music trips
- Eco-friendly artistic creations
- Traditional games
- Typing the future
- Sketching cartoons
- Traveling in space-time
- Healthy cooking games
- I make my own jewelry
- Dancing to traditional rhythms
- Fun playing mini golf
- Conquerors of the chessboard
- Hoops and three-pointers
- Spikes and serves
- Conquer the courts
- Wizards of the ball
- Rings, ribbons and skittles
- The feathered balls (Badminton)
The "Maps, Compass....Here we go!" program aims to bring students into contact with other places, other traditions and cultures. The program culminates in a school geography contest, in which representatives of each class try to win first place, using all the knowledge gained during the program.
Is it possible, really, to learn mathematical operations without problems and without hand-outs, books, and notebooks? The goal of this program is the experiential approach of mathematics through original and group projects inside and outside the classroom. Students are divided into groups, and with their worksheets, knowledge, and the necessary instruments, add an original "mathematical note" to their school life.
Students, by analyzing concepts and ideas, find that philosophy is not a set of abstruse theories, but a way of thinking that, if utilized, can greatly improve our lives.
The program aims to cultivate a positive attitude and behavior towards museums. Students take the role of young archaeologists. By visiting the museum and studying the historical period to which the contents of the museum relate, they participate in an educational program, undertake projects, both group and individual, and, finally, speak with experts.
Students - as young seamen - follow the path of paper in space and time. In the last phase of the program they are entertained with games based on paper - crosswords, puzzles, acronyms. The program ends with papermaking workshops set up in the school yard.
The Spelling Lessons program for 5th and 6th grade students aims to:
- Develop their spelling capabilities in a pleasant and creative way.
- Enhance their interest and love for the Greek language.
"Words write...History," but history has many interesting facts to tell us about the evolution of words over time, confirming the richness and the enormous range of our language.
Under this program, our older students have a chance to interact with experts on issues directly affecting their interests, their concerns, their goals and aspirations each year.
Within the framework of the Bookmates program, Elementary School students have the opportunity to become acquainted with books, authors, and illustrators of a publishing house during the school year. In this way, books become a game, joy, knowledge, communication, an act of creation.
Under this program, 1st and 2nd grade students read literary books not only to practice in English, but also to enjoy reading and to share the joy with their peers, teachers and parents.
The program caters to 2nd - 6th grade students of Mandoulides Schools and other schools of the city, public and private. Its main aim is to bring children closer to the world of Computer Science, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Astronomy and the arts.
The Schools, since their foundation, have the ancient saying “healthy mind in a healthy body” as a guide in combining sports with excellent education.
Sport is an integral part of school life and supported by highly qualified teachers of physical education and coaches, as well as by outstanding infrastructure.
Our students’ numerous and significant distinctions on a world and national level fully justify this choice.
According to grade, age and class in the course of Physical Education, objectives and priorities are reached through the following actions:
- Fitness, orientation in space, neuromuscular coordination.
- Traditional games.
- Track and field: sprinting, long jump, ball throwing, javelin training.
- Team sports.
- Basic principles of soccer, basketball, tennis, volleyball, hockey and badminton.
- Acquaintance with Olympic sports.
- Internal group and individual sports championships.
- Hygiene rules.
- Diet rules.
Visits to environmentally important areas for our younger students of kindergarten and elementary schools, and environmental projects, excursions, and various activities for older students of our Junior High School, cultivate the sensitivity of our children towards nature. The environmental actions of Mandoulides Schools have repeatedly been singled out for the Green Flag award by the Greek Society for the Protection of Nature.
Through the excellent level of education provided by the Schools, they have established themselves as pioneers in the world of education. In this way, they give students an opportunity to develop their talents and abilities and to achieve leading international and nationwide distinctions in the following subjects:
- Sciences (Mathematics, Physics).
- English dramatic rhetorical speech (Let's Talk Tournament).
- Arts and Culture (theater groups, music groups, choirs, literary groups, art).
Art and Performance
The objectives of the program are:
- The experiential approach to the world of music through games, drama, visual works, and learning the glockenspiel.
- The acquisition of sufficient knowledge for those children wishing to continue their musical studies.
Mandoulides Schools, out of love and respect for Greek Tradition, have established the Traditional Dance Festival. By teaching traditional dances, we help students understand the value of tradition and keep alive the elements that characterize us and unite us as a nation: our origins, our ancestry and our customs.
The course of arts is an integral part of the educational process and is central to the aesthetic culture of children of this age.
Objectives of the program:
- The approach of famous artists’ works and trends of their times.
- Activating the imagination of students through games and activities.
- Familiarizing students with materials and techniques.
- The externalization of thoughts and emotions through various artistic media.
Through the joy of group singing, students get to know traditional songs and rhythms of our country and other countries. The children present their program at various events of the Schools accompanying their songs with percussion instruments.
The Sunday at Mandoulides Schools program enables children, together with their parents, to attend and participate enthusiastically in a variety of activities.
Workshops, innovative educational programs and book presentations are just a few of the activities that creatively fill Sunday mornings!
The fast paced life of families nowadays, after all, often renders the establishment of a healthy diet difficult. Mandoulides Schools, in a continuing effort to educate their students and increase awareness for parents as far as following a healthy diet is concerned, have been implementing the program “Eating Healthily at Mandoulides Schools.”
- Free breakfast for the Day Care Center and Kindergarten, which includes: bread, cheese, marmalade, honey and fresh milk.
- Optional catering service for all students.
- Labels with calorimetric analysis and nutrient percentages accompany the products offered by the canteens.
- On the individual meal packages that meet all health requirements, calories and nutrients are listed.
Special Educational Programs
Mandoulides Schools offer students the opportunity to attend special educational programs and academies designed to offer a comprehensive education and to cultivate students' skills.
In Mandoulides Schools’ Special Educational Programs and Academies:
- The trust we have placed in the Schools’ standards and experience is substantiated.
- Classes are taught by select and experienced associates and educators.
- Classes are carried out in the Schools’ state of the art facilities.
- Classes are held in a safe environment.
- Students are transported using a school bus service.
- Parents save precious time.
|Special Educational Programs||Level|
|English After School Link & Bilingual||1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th grades|
|French Bilingue - Link & Bilingue||1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th grades|
|German Bilingual - Link & Bilingual||1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th grades|
|Computer Science||1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th grades|
|Robotics||1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th grades|
|Arts||1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th grades|
|Theatrical Games (in English)||3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th grades|
|Ballet||1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th grades|
|Modern Dance||1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th grades|
|Tennis||1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th grades|
|Ski & Snowboard||1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th grades|
|Swimming||1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th grades|
MAS Sports Academies
The Evangelos Mantoulidis Cultural Athletic Association (MAS) was founded in 1970 by the late Evangelos Mantoulidis. Its primary purpose is the well-rounded and harmonious development of physical, intellectual and mental skills of its members and their cultural edification.
The association’s work focuses on the cultivation of sportsmanship, carried out through the operation of sports academies.
|MAS Sports Academies||Level|
|Basketball||1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th Grades|
|Soccer||1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th grades|
|Girls’ Volleyball||1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th grades|
|Tae Kwon Do||1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th grades|
The Schools continue operating in the summer months and offer several educational and sports programs.
Why choose the Schools’ summer programs?
- We creatively utilize our free time.
- We acquire knowledge in a fun and playful way.
- We develop our social skills.
- We participate in excursions and outings.
- We practice our favorite sports.
- We learn by playing and creating in a safe and familiar environment.
|English & Adventure Camp||1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th grades|
|Summer Creative Activities||1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th grades|
|All Star Basketball & Shooting - Footwork Camp||1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th grades|
|Soccer Camp||1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th grades|
|Tennis Camp||1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th grades|
|Swimming Camp||1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th grades|
|Girls’ Volleyball Camp||1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th grades|
|Educational Programs at Colleges Abroad||5th, 6th grades|
|Let’s Talk Workshop||5th, 6th grades|
|Mandoulides Epathlon & Robotics Camp||5th, 6th grades|
|Mathematical Games||5th, 6th grades|